Exposure XMCD CD player is a half chassis, award winning component that can be operated as a player using the internal DAC via analogue outputs or a transport via the high resolution BNC or optical outputs. Made in England, the top-loading mechanism includes a machined magnetic clamp which holds the CD flat to reduce errors.
A high resolution DAC provides flexibility for users with a direct connection to any analogue amplifier that does not have a DAC built-in. Those incorporating an external DAC or who prefer to utilize the DAC from their pre-amplifier or integrated amplifier can benefit by connecting the digital outputs from optical or high resolution BNC to Coaxial inputs.
Exposure has implemented advanced engineering to produce the optimum sound quality from its design, including a crystal clock reference and dedicated power supply regulator for the transport and audio stages, ensuring low jitter performance.
A large toroidal power transformer has separate windings for CD transport mechanism and audio stages, and the all-aluminium casework and extruded front panel help to control unwanted resonance. The CD display can be turned off using the supplied remote control.
- PCM 1716 24 bit DAC fitted to provide very high resolution
- Optimized as a transport using a top loading mechanism
- CD display can be turned off using the remote for improved sound quality
- Highly optimized audio output circuitry with multiple stages of supply regulation
- Large toroidal power transformer with separate windings for CD transport mechanism and audio stages
- Employment of a high-stability crystal clock reference and dedicated, power supply regulator for the transport and audio stages to ensure low jitter performance
- High quality double-sided PCBs for optimum layout and screening
- All-aluminium casework and extruded front panel to control resonance and stray electro-magnetic fields
- Remote control
Output Level : 2V RMS
Frequency Response : 20Hz - 20KHz ± 0.25dB
Total Harmonic Distortion : <0.008%, 20Hz - 20KHz, 0dBFs
Signal to Noise Ratio : >100dB, A weighted
Digital Outputs : SP/DIF, Coaxial and “Toslink” Optical
- Mains Supply : 110/120V or 220/240V @ 50/60Hz (factory set)
- Power Consumption : <15W
- Dimensions (WxHxD) : 218mm x 94mm x 348mm
- Net Weight (unpacked) : 4kg
- Gross Weight (packed) : 5kg
*Free shipping in Canada applies to all mainland provinces. Islands and territories may have additional costs. Contact us prior to purchase for an estimate.
Only Ruark Audio and Exposure brands can be shipped to the US, all other brands are restricted to Canadian locations. We ship Ruark and Exposure to the contiguous US mainland only. Delivery times are based upon business days. Minimal shipping fees apply, are based upon weight, and calculated at checkout. Shipping fees do not reflect the actual cost and are subsidized by your purchase. Duties and taxes: General guidance is that purchases under $800 USD are sales tax and duty free. Above $800 USD, Broker fees, applicable duties, state or local taxes may apply. Contact Us for details.